Re: speeding up expdp

From: GG <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 21:09:27 +0200

W dniu 2012-05-05 19:52, Maureen English pisze:

> I do believe that both of these tables have a lob column. Does that
> mean I just have
> to live with the 7.5 hours? At least the import to the new machine
> only takes about
> 1.5 hours.
>
> I'm also excluding indexes/constraints for the export and import.
>
> I'm pretty sure I read through the checklist document, but not the
> other 2. I'll
> check them out.

Hi,
lobs are pain and there is no magic way to make them performance friendly . You have to be creative in such situations . How about moving them to separated tablespace via online redefinition and then transport that tablespace and 'plug in' .

Secondly, You have to know Your system limits , maybe thats the case why parallel did not help.
Regards
GregG