Re: Running multiple Oracle homes on Windows

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:17:13 +0100

On 18/04/12 20:43, David Fitzjarrell wrote:
> Oracle used to install the Oracle Home Selector, a utility that would do some 'magic' in the registry to make the desired Oracle home location the current home. I'm not sure if it is still installed or not; the Oracle home info is in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Oracle) so you could also manually edit this information if need be.

This ceased to be installed after 9.2 I'm afraid. Oracle 10g installed differently o n Windows and I seem to remember having to run the installer each time I wanted to change the version of client I needed to use.

It was working perfectly until 10g came along, but then Oracle changed it - and basically removed the Windows equivalent of "oraenv" so loved by us Unix bods. A retrograde step in my (occasionally humble) opinion!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar