RE: RAC private network IP's - 169.254.x.x

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 16:12:57 +0200

Dimitri,

As I understand the note only applies when using multiple single interfaces (or multiple bonds, if for some reason you want to do this) for the interconnect.

What this parameter would do is to allow that a response to a network package is given on a different interface then the interface which has recived the package.

For multiple nic's that are part of a single bond, this would not be necessary as all traffic would go over the bond.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator