Re: RMAN: RESTORE DATABASE VALIDATE question

From: Marko Sutic <marko.sutic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 11:32:14 +0200

Hi Anthony,
I'm also running weekly backup validation but approximately every month I like to perform actual restore/recover.

My script for validation:

run
{
allocate channel c1 device type disk;
restore database validate check logical; restore database validate;
restore archivelog from time 'sysdate-xxx' validate; restore validate controlfile to '/tmp/control01.ctl'; release channel c1;
}

Regards,
Marko