Re: Online Upgrade

From: Martin Berger <>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 08:45:07 +0100

Oracle implemented the new 11.2 Feature "Edition-Based Redefinition" for exactly that purpose. Of course the application must be prepared for such an upgrade. There is also criticism around:

Of course, similar techniques can be implemented just by hand, in any case a zero-downtime-application is even more complex and expensive than an application with is designed with downtimes for maintenance tasks.