Re: OT - Blog entry on hugepages

From: Ilmar Kerm <>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:01:54 +0200

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Rich Jesse <> wrote:
> Hey Andrew,
>> I put up a new blog entry on enabling hugepages in Linux.  I put it
>> together after discovering that there doesn't seem to be a single location
>> with all the steps, including both the Linux os settings and the database
>> settings.
>> Your comments are appreciated.
> I can see this being very useful if I do end up moving from AIX, where the
> 64k largepages are self-managed in both AIX and Oracle.

Has anyone tried hugepages with UEK2 kernel?

According to the press release:

"Transparent Hugepages: automatically organizes memory in larger units to reduce memory management overhead and improve stability for memory-intensive workloads."

Are AMM and hugepages now compatible with UEK2? Does it use larger page size than 2M?

Ilmar Kerm