RE: Autonomous Transactions - Good or Bad

From: Jeff Chirco <>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:27:40 -0700

Thanks for both of these responses. All good points.

From: Mihajlo Tekic [] Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:58 AM
To: Jeff Chirco
Subject: Re: Autonomous Transactions - Good or Bad

.. A nice write up on the same topic :

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Jeff Chirco <<>> wrote: I recently saw Tom Kyte and he mentioned how he doesn't like autonomous transactions and said you should never really use them except for when logging errors. I didn't understand what was so bad about them and didn't get a chance to ask him. So I was wondering if any of you agree with this statement and why? I personally try to avoid them but I have other developers that use them frequently because they need to run other transactions over their current one. Thanks for any info.