RE: Autonomous Transactions - Good or Bad

From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:27:40 -0700

Thanks for both of these responses. All good points.

From: Mihajlo Tekic [mailto:mihajlo.tekic_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 11:58 AM
To: Jeff Chirco
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Autonomous Transactions - Good or Bad

.. A nice write up on the same topic : http://www.orafaq.com/node/1915

~Mihajlo
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Jeff Chirco <JChirco_at_innout.com<mailto:JChirco_at_innout.com>> wrote: I recently saw Tom Kyte and he mentioned how he doesn't like autonomous transactions and said you should never really use them except for when logging errors. I didn't understand what was so bad about them and didn't get a chance to ask him. So I was wondering if any of you agree with this statement and why? I personally try to avoid them but I have other developers that use them frequently because they need to run other transactions over their current one. Thanks for any info.
Jeff

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Mar 12 2012 - 14:27:40 CDT

Original text of this message