resource manager escaping its jail

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 08:40:14 -0500

11.2.0.2 p15 SE One on ms w2k8 r2 x64
instance caged with cpu_count=2
Hang analyze reported that a user session was not in a wait but waiting on event "resmgr:cpu quantum".
What evil curse has summoned the resource manager from hiding into the non-Enterprise Edition daylight realm?

I'm in search of a spell to dispatch it back to where it came from - the 22:00 - 02:00 default maintenance window. Something other than "fixed in 11.2.0.3" would be best (e.g. Bug 10326338 - High "resmgr:cpu quantum" but CPU has idle time (ID 10326338.1]

I did notice that there were no messages in the alert log indicating an opening or closing of the scheduler window that occurs for this database for the past 4 days.
Other databases on the same host do exhibit this issue. Other databases on different hosts (same patchset) do not exhibit this issue.

A server OS restart during a scheduled maintenance window over the weekend will likely clear this condition but I'd like to prevent it from returning.

thanks

-bdbafh

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat Mar 10 2012 - 07:40:14 CST