Re: Migration from 8i to 11g

From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:16:47 -0800

Someone pointed out that you might be referring to doing an import/export - in which case, I retract my question. (And you're on 8i anyway, so it's not like you're getting loads of support to begin with!)

One other suggestion: It is somewhat tedious, and I don't know if you've looked at them yet, but if you read through all of the 'What's New' documents from 9i on (e.g.
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e16763/whatsnew.htm) that could help reduce the surprise changes.