RE: trace to find time spent in memory sorts

From: TJ Kiernan <tkiernan_at_pti-nps.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:52:26 -0600

Is there any reason you can't add /*+ GATHER_PLAN_STATISTICS */ to your query and then select * from table(dbms_xplan.display_cursor(null,null,'ALLSTATS LAST'));

You should be able to see the actual time spent on each step of the execution without digging through a trace file.

Thanks,
T. J.

The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity identified above. If the receiver of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to his/her e-mail address noted above and delete the original message, including any attachments. Thank you.