Question about: DBMS_AQ.DEQUEUE

From: Mani <manips2002_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:44:10 -0500

Hi,

We have written a stored procedures that DEQUEUEs a row from a specified queue in oracle 11g database.
We have a program in PHP that loops say 5000 times and each loop, it calls the DEQUEUE procedure.

We use default dequeue options.

However, we see that we do not get 5000 rows.. the numbers are variable each time..

Has anyone experienced this? How do I fix this? Is there some options to be fixed??

Right now, I tried a PL/SQL code (from SQL Developer) that has the loop and calls our dequeue procedure 5000 times.. it worked right now.. though it was not the case in previous attempts..

thanks, murali.