Use of IPv6 with Oracle anyone?

From: Martin Bach <>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 11:12:15 +0000

Good morning listers,

I'm researching a little bit of Oracle networking, and especially IPv6. Despite the fact that one cannot really ignore IPv6 anymore, there is no one I know of who is planning on implementing it with Oracle. Quite a few support notes exist for that subject on MOS, but as long as there is no real pressing need I can't see an in-house adoption of IPv6 for database servers.

But I might of course be wrong. How do others see this? I'm especially interested in the American point of view.

Thanks and best regards,