Re: [QUARANTINE] Re: Re: developer access to alter procedure

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 21:29:10 -0300

That way lays SQL Injection.
Also, why are developers modifying stuff in a productive environment? I am working to remove even readonly access from our prod databases to the developers!

You should have a repository (svn?) with the procedure creation scripts and set up a way to release them (manually, scripted, etc).

Anyway, granting an untrusted user (i.e. not a DBA) the ability to alter a single procedure in another schema potentially gives him the ability to run anything with that schema's privileges, which is generally a bad idea.

hth
Alan.-