Re: Enforcing plan via SQL plan baseline

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 10:31:58 -0800

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Kerry Osborne <kerry.osborne_at_enkitec.com>wrote:
> By the way, I did a blog post some time ago which shows the 10053 output
> (it's a bit dated as it was from an 11gR1 database, but 11gR2 is still
> basically the same). Here's the url for the post. Hope that helps.
>

> http://kerryosborne.oracle-guy.com/2009/04/do-sql-plan-baselines-use-hints-take-2/

Interesting thread, as I was experiencing the same thing last week.

That is, use a hinted version of the query, load it via SPM load_from_cursor_cache,
verify it is there, etc. I also loaded the original query into SPM and saw that it was
picked up from SPM via explain plan.

When using the hinted plan however there seemed to be nothing I could do to make it work. The plan was accepted and fixed, but the optimizer was not  picking up the plan.

Planning to get back to it this week and figure it out. Haven't tried the 10053
yet, but it looks like I will be going there.

What database version are you seeing this issue on?

I am seeing it on 11.2.01. Searched MOS for possible bugs, but found none.

Jared Still
Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com