RE: moving a GI home: Oracle 11gR2

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 08:07:05 -0500

I have had trouble cloning with the central inventory. After cloning, some patches such as the latest timezone patch became very unhappy with the central inventory and would not take. An SR was opened and the analysts came back and said it was a side affect of cloning the oracle home. (using the runInstaller, not clone.pl).

So the way forward was decided to be out of line installations/upgrades. Ie create new oracle home by downloading the release and patch level needed since they are now full releases.

I have not yet done this... but am pointing it out. If anyone finds a similar issue, let me know, so I know it was just not a unique SR.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546