Re: value from index block or table block

From: Grzegorz Goryszewski <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:29:07 +0100

On 2011-11-26 14:53, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> Let me get this straight: You are experiencing the return of incorrect
> values (meaning either a bug or a corruption) and Oracle Support will not
> authorize your use of setting an event either at the session or system
> level?

Hi Mark,
 sorry but looks like I was no precise enough . We provided 10046 ,and that confirmed corruption in I_OBJ2 index (if memory serves me right name)
but as a solution oracle said please do exp/imp of your database . Looks cool but our db is 15TB in size :) . The problem is You cant rebuild that index (cant remember exac ora err for that ) in normal way,
You have to open database in upgrade/migrate mode and with some event try to rebuild but its
not supported as far as I know .
Finally we did drop offline for data file with that object and physically removed it .
Only problem is rman warning about that unrecoverable tablespace . Regards
GregG