Re: value from index block or table block

From: Grzegorz Goryszewski <grzegorzof_at_interia.pl>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:45:10 +0100

On 2011-11-23 19:10, Jonathan Lewis wrote:
> It's difficult to say for certain (and may be version dependent), but it's
> probably getting columns from the index whenever possible.
>
> Two arguments in favour:

Thanks, that might explain strange behavior of our obj$ dictionary table, because we are unable to drop one user table . The reason is (I think) when index access is used table name is 'corrupted' (different name) than that in obj$ data block :). So we are getting object does not exists but when You force full scan on obj$ , displayed name is proper .
Regards
GregG