RE: 11gr2 sql issue

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:33:06 -0500

When dealing with db link slowness I like to hop onto the db where the data resides and fire it off directly and run a plan. This gives me the response time of what it would be like without db links. I also create a view on the source server with the query and then just query the view across the db link. This ensures that all the work is done on the source server. Tune on the source, not via a db link.