Re: dbms_resource_manager.calibrate_io, strange numbers

From: Randolf Geist <info_at_www.sqltools-plusplus.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 09:04:37 +0200

Freek,

you might want to have a look at the MOS document "Automatic Degree of Parallelism in 11.2.0.2 [ID 1269321.1]" where it is also mentioned that the calibration routine at present might sometimes produce questionable results.

For your information the only relevant parameter for Auto DOP in 11.2.0.2 at present seems to be MAX_PMBPS, it looks like that the others are ignored for the Auto DOP calculation anyway - at least what the MOS document seems to suggest by setting / hacking this parameter manually e.g. on Exadata environments.

I've blogged about that recently: http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/2011/07/cost-is-time-next-generation.html

Hope this helps,
Randolf