Re: High shared pool usage

From: Ram Raman <veeeraman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:31:55 -0500

Laimutis,
660 hard parses a minute in an OLTP is not bad? I thought it was a bad number. Out of curiousity, what kind of hard parsing do other listers have seen in best/worst/normal cases. (I realize that this could be dependent on the application, design, the workload, etc). Has anyone imposed size restrictions on shared pool like Brent has suggested.

I like David's (Kurtz) idea of setting a minimum value for buffer cache so it does not get stolen.

Thanks.