RE: standby reinstate failed: other options

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:49:20 -0400

Sorry I didn't see the original thread on this one.

I've messed with DG broker probably more than I ever wanted to. Even when oracle says to "rebuild standby" its not necessarily true, i've gotten around it multiple times between, bouncing standby, disable, re-enable configuration, manually catching up logs.

Now if you did a "failover" and not a switchover, sometimes a reinstate will work depending on how far back, etc it is.

joe

From:
"Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
To:
"Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt" <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>,
"oracle-l_at_freelists.org" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
Date:
08/29/2011 09:31 AM
RE: standby reinstate failed: other options Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org

You're going to have to rebuild the standby from the primary. Which leads to the other side that having a system that fires on its own is normally not a good thing. Call me old fashion if you like, but I prefer to fail over my standby manually just because of this.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader

picture