RE: Grid Control hardware

From: Storey, Robert (DCSO) <"Storey,>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 07:45:02 -0500

So, as a follow up to this, I have talked to MOS on a SR about this. There response was that they (Oracle) will not support the installation of the 32bit grid control software via a 32bit OS (Windows) onto a 64 bit machine. They only thing they will support is to install the 32bit GC software via a 32bit OS (Windows) onto a 32bit hardware base.

I then asked them what are new customers for Grid Control suppose to do when 32bit hardware is no longer available? We're a Dell shop and there is currently no server that I've found available on their systems page that is NOT 64 bit. Under normal circumstances, a 32 bit application should work just fine on a 64 bit hardware base with a 32bit OS loaded.

Are we having fun yet?