Re: Hi again

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:19:25 -0400

net8 encryption with advanced security option:

you just add some config to sqlnet.ora such as:
sqlnet.encryption_server=accepted
sqlnet.encryption_client=requested
sqlnet.encryption_types_server=(RC4_40)
sqlnet.encryption_types_client=(RC4_40)

Read the docs on the above parameters, your config may vary. I looked at the tcpdump output and the stream is not in the clear.

some DG notes I used:

Step By Step Guide To Create Physical Standby Database Using RMAN

        Doc ID: Note:469493.1

Subject:        Creating a Data Guard Configuration
        Doc ID:         Note:180031.1

comments on the standby redo creation