Re: questios relate to APEX?

From: Toon Koppelaars <toon.koppelaars_at_rulegen.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:15:56 +0200

What you can do is this:
  • Run OHS (Oracle http-server) with mod_plsql (which is required to connect to Apex in a scalable fashion, I'm not sure the 'embedded EPG' is scalable...) on the same server as the database. This should have no license implications as you are allowed to run OHS on the database server 'for free'. But do not take my word on this: check it for yourself.
  • Then run Apache on your application server and configure it to 'forward' Apex requests to the OHS-stack (I believe this is called: have Apache act as a reverse proxy to Apex).

I see this configuration applied succesfully at client sites.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Louis BROUILLETTE < Louis.Brouillette_at_uqtr.ca> wrote:

> We use it thru AS (with mod-apache). It works very well.
>
> Le 2011-08-15 10:56, dba1 mcc a écrit :
>
>> our customer plan to use APEX on ORACLE 11G database (LINUX server).
>> Based on what I know APEX is former HTML database and come with ORACLE 11G
>> software free. But when turn on APEX, we also need turn on HTTP port on
>> database server. Due to security, we don't turn on HTTP port on database
>> server.
>>
>> 1. Does any one have other solution for this?
>>
>> 2. Does APEX also come with ORACLE application software on 10G and 11G?
>> Can we put APEX on application server?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> --
>> http://www.freelists.org/**webpage/oracle-l<http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>
>>

> --
> Louis Brouillette
> Chargé de projet informatique et technologique (DBA)
> Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
> Tel: (819) 376-5011 ext. 2435
> Email: Louis.Brouillette_at_uqtr.ca
>
> --
> http://www.freelists.org/**webpage/oracle-l<http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l>

--
Toon Koppelaars
RuleGen BV

(co)Author: "Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals"
www.rulegen.com/am4dp-backcover-text