Silent install of Grid Infrastructure standalone 11.2 On Linux

From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 17:04:38 +0100

Hi,
I am trying to do a software only GUI install, I filled out the grid_install.rsp, but when I try it I get: [FATAL] [INS-30504] Missing ASM disk group name.

Since I am not using ASM, I have no diskgroup name.

The instructions in the response file make no sense to me, why should I have to fill out a SCAN listener name (section c) when this is standalone?

If anyone has come across this and fixed it, I would be very happy to know how.

Thanks
Pete