Re: restoring from backup when db is open

From: Kurt Van Meerbeeck <kurtvm_at_telenet.be>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 16:17:14 +0200 (CEST)

Define open ?
- open as in - running in archivelog mode, putting tablespaces in backup mode, take os copy ?
or
- open as in - just take an os copy, don't bother about the rest ?

Kind regards,
Kurt

  • Originele e-mail ----- Van: "Joseph William Armstrong-Champ" <Joseph.Armstrong-Champ_at_tufts.edu> Aan: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Verzonden: Vrijdag 5 augustus 2011 15:58:49 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlijn / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Wenen Onderwerp: restoring from backup when db is open

I’ve always heard that this is not possible but I have to ask because it’s our last resort. Is there any way to restore a db from a backup taken when the db was open? The backup in question is an os copy to tape.

Os: win 2003

Db: oracle 9.2.0.7

Thanks.

Joe