DBMS_ADVISOR and XMLTYPE columns

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 12:21:13 +0100

Is anyone aware of any bugs affecting the output of space advisor tasks in 10.2.0.4 when run against tables with columns of datatype XMLTYPE? A quick search of MOS suggests that there are none, but I don't rate my ability to reliably retrieve known bugs from MOS :( . The output below shows expected space savings in mb from a space advisor task run against a 120GB tablespace. One and only one of these tables has an xmltype column - I suspect you don't have to be told which :) .I'm obviously suspicious about the vendor's use of XML, especially as they have used it in precisely one location, but I want to rule out DBMS_ADVISOR giving me duff data.

Table Saving MB

OWNER.T1 13657.27
OWNER.T2 487.35
OWNER.T3 409.09