RE: shared pool notifications

From: P D <pdba1966_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 20:40:38 -0400

What do you think is a good setting to use in Grid Control for 'Warning' and 'Critical' for Shared Pool? I am just learning Grid Control and trying to set it up now which brings up the next question. What is the difference between Preferences->Notification Rule and Setup->Monitoring Templates?

In creating Monitoring templates, you have to select all the metric and also, while creating notification rule, you have to once again select the metrics. Getting confused at what is the difference between the two.

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 13:11:00 -0300
Subject: Re: shared pool notifications
From: cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com
To: Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be
CC: pdba1966_at_hotmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org

do you have grid control?Alan.-

Is there a way to get notified that the shared pool is running out of memory before it actually occurs?

We had a sudden unexpected spike of activity and the database was unable to allocate shared memory. This is a 10.2.0.4 database. We saw it in the alert log but only after it had run out. Just wondering what other people are doing as far as receiving notifications before it runs completely out.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 06 2011 - 19:40:38 CDT

Original text of this message