RE: Clusterware and nodeid

From: Martin Bach <development_at_the-playground.de>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 07:31:24 +0100

Hi Stefano,

The instance names are now part of the ASM instance's profile, I assume the problem lies there. You can check the instance to node name mapping by viewing the profile. On my setup-four node RAC cluster with nodes rac11gr2drnode{1,2,3,4} I found this:

$ crsctl stat res ora.asm -p
NAME=ora.asm
DEFAULT_TEMPLATE=PROPERTY(RESOURCE_CLASS=asm) ELEMENT(INSTANCE_NAME= %GEN_USR_OR
A_INST_NAME%)
DESCRIPTION=Oracle ASM resource

GEN_USR_ORA_INST_NAME=
GEN_USR_ORA_INST_NAME_at_SERVERNAME(rac11gr2drnode1)=+ASM1
GEN_USR_ORA_INST_NAME_at_SERVERNAME(rac11gr2drnode2)=+ASM2
GEN_USR_ORA_INST_NAME_at_SERVERNAME(rac11gr2drnode3)=+ASM3
GEN_USR_ORA_INST_NAME_at_SERVERNAME(rac11gr2drnode4)=+ASM4

The mapping is performed in these lines. I'm not sure if it's supported but you could try (on a test system!!!) to change the attribute GEN_USR_ORA_INST_NAME_at_SERVERNAME(<hostname>)=+ASMx for the hosts in question. You should probably involve oracle support, prompt them to give you their blessing and then go ahead after having taken manual OCR & OLR backups.

Hope this helps,

Martin

Martin Bach
Martin Bach Consulting Ltd