question

From: Anupam Pandey <my.oralce_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:50:54 +0530

Hi All,

          I am searching for solution for a following scenario.

I have a two node RAC .I have linux machine from where I execute a shell script which in turn calls other pl/sql packages for data processing.Multiple instance of that shell script can run with different input parameters.

Suppose I started the 1st instance of shell script and the whole data processing was limited to node 1(N1).
Now I execute the 2nd instance of the shell script (with different input params) and processing is shared between node 1 (N1) and node 2(N2) .

Suddenly due to some network failure N2 goes down .

So is there a way to get the message that N2 has gone down in shell script .We want this message so that we can update the status accordingly.

I tried following :-
I tried to emulate this in single instance oracle DB because I didnt have any RAC test machine. The DB is hosted on machine S1 and the shell script I executed from S2. After I executed the shell script in S2 to do some insert ,I removed the network cable from S1(after sometime).But I didnt see any failure message in S2.

Let me know if there is anything I missing .

Thanks,
Anupam