RE: Converting archivelog file name from FRA to %t_%s_%r.dbf

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:05:58 +0200

Hmm

Not sure if you can copy a file from asm to os using utl_file.fcopy, but that would be my first try. The destination name can then easily be generated using the v$archived_log view.

My second attempt would be to use the asmcmd cp command.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
---

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Martin Bach Sent: vrijdag 3 juni 2011 15:37
Subject: Converting archivelog file name from FRA to %t_%s_%r.dbf

Hi all,

A bit of a funny question which has been raised today. Oracle 11.2.0.2.2 RAC with ASM on Linux.

Let's assume for a moment that you have a production cluster with a disk group +ARCH used as the FRA. The archived redo logs follow the naming convention shown here:

thread_threadNumber_seq_sequenceNumber.fileID.incarnation

An example is thread_1_seq_94.348.752827039

Thread and sequence number are self explanatory. The rest of the file name is composed of the file_number and file_incarnation as shown in v$asm_file, i.e. you could find this file in asm by querying

SQL> select * from v$asm_file where file_number = 348 and incarnation = 752827039;

So far so good. Now what I need to do is copy these files from the production cluster to another cluster and apply them to a clone of the production database to roll it forward.

The question really is: do you know of a simple enough way to transform the files from their FRA naming convention into the %t_%s_%r.dbf format? RMAN cannot be used unfortunately, and it's too long a story to tell here.

Ideally I'll run a shellscript which transforms thread_1_seq_94.348.752827039 into 1_94_12345623432.dbf

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Martin
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 03 2011 - 09:05:58 CDT