RE: Database Access Details - How do you manage the information ?

From: Michael Dinh <mdinh_at_XIFIN.Com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 06:43:38 -0700

What about using just the standard functionality of Grid Control???

system password are the same for all environment and application password are in text file on server with enforce permission.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Subodh Deshpande [deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com] Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:02 AM
To: sreejithsna_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Database Access Details - How do you manage the information ?

I think it all depends on customer supplied info sla your team size and procedures and practices followed

On 21 May 2011 13:55, "sreejith s" <sreejithsna_at_gmail.com<mailto:sreejithsna_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Friends,

I hope we all are managing small -medium - large number of databases which runs in N servers. Say , If I have 40 databases which runs in 40 + servers, How do you manage the credentials / environment details. Do you use an excel sheet which stores details like client name,hostname,RAC/Single , os user name/password , sys password,SYSASM password, application schemas & passwords, what purpose it is is used for,Standby is there / not, CDC environment,Staging,Testing etc etc. How do you manage these information. Is there a standard tool / some repository which can hold all these information so that it can be shared to the members of the DBA team ( Any Free tool ? )

Just curious to know how all manages the details of their data centre DB environments.Appreciate if you can share any template / suggestions from your experience

Cheers,
SSN