RE: Be careful about Oracle Licenses

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 08:51:01 -0400

Alan,
                To err is human.

                To really louse things up take a Java Program.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:51 AM
To: gints.plivna_at_gmail.com
Cc: howard.latham_at_gmail.com; ORACLE-L Subject: Re: Be careful about Oracle Licenses

Funny story/rant about a vendor who doesn't support RAC because they are too cheap to test their product on it. It turns out they are using a severly outdated framework that requires the use of the SID in the JDBCURL and does not support SERVICE_NAME (I don't know why). Now for the funny... they use that framework for half the application... so we have RAC for half the application and the rest of the application is just pointing to a single node...

Sorry for the OT... I just felt like ranting this morning.

Cheers!
Alan.-

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Actually never heard of such precise restrictions and would like to see where it is written?

But anyway remember that there exists such things like: - different editions XE, PE, SE ONE, SE which might or might not be OK for development (abstracting from story about development (and test!!!) environment as close as possible to production) - term licences

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu