ASM on Veritas Cluster question

From: Blanchard, William G <William.Blanchard_at_fisglobal.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:21:42 -0500

We have a Veritas cluster with some databases running on Side A and some databases running on Side B. We want to implement ASM for one of the databases (eventually rolled out to all databases). Has anyone run ASM on a Veritas cluster? Can we run ASM on both sides looking at the same disk? What if we want to fail over just one database?

My belief is that we can run ASM on both sides looking at the same disk as ASM is really just acting as an LVM manager. If Database A fails over to side B from side A, the database would connect to ASM A which would present the disk to Database A. Am I off my rocker or does this seem right?

Thank you,

WGB