RE: disable recyclebin?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:47:08 -0400

I like Toons' suggestion to do it by schema with a log on trigger. That should allow you to make use of it when indicated, especially with configurable off the shelf (COTS) application suites where you often cannot change the code or the ramifications of changing the code are unbounded. The capability is nice. The side effects of the change from not having a recycle bin to having a recycle bin are manifold and unpredictable in the general case. A lot more is involved in this consideration than just sticking a purge keyword on the end of a few drop statements.

mwf