RE: A good xwin server?

From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge_at_uptime.be>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 02:45:01 +0200

Andrew,

I like the nxserver /client from Nomachine (http://www.nomachine.com/). I find it fast, easy and free, but it requires you to install something on the server.

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
email: freek.dhooge_at_uptime.be
tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
---
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: maandag 18 april 2011 22:47
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: A good xwin server?

Has anyone found a reasonably fast xwindows server?  On my 32 bit windows xp virtual machine I can get the oui to work reasonably fast, even connecting to a data center 4 states away to do an install using putty and cygwin.  But when I run the OUI (or asmca or dbca for that matter) directly on my desktop,which is windows 7 64 bit, and connecting initially with putty, its just dog slow on cygwin or xming.   Is there a faster xserver out there for windows 64?  Or maybe the problem is with windows 7 64 bit?

--
Andrew W. Kerber

'If at first you dont succeed, dont take up skydiving.' †Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒün– {ú+iÉ^ Received on Mon Apr 18 2011 - 19:45:01 CDT

Original text of this message