Re: Resize SYSAUX datafile

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 22:49:48 +0200

Well XDB and CTXSYS you could theoretically deinstall and reinstall. Though check this on a test system first to see what it does to your environment / application functionality.

EXFSYS is the expression filter. Are you using that ? If not, there's a deinstall script in ?/rdbms/admin/catnoexf.sql

I also see you mentioning SYSMAN - are you actually using the DBConsole ? If not, simply drop the user. Otherwise you can also consider deinstalling and reinstalling it (though you will loose some historical data).

To work around the LONG issues you can use sql*plus copy, truncate and copy the data back afterwards. But I would check with Oracle first if it's supported to do this on the objects in question.

On the other hand, it seems to me that the database would benefit most from a clean setup. When I encounter databases with this many options it usually originates from a "next - next - next - ... " - install done by someone that didn't know any better, and just installed every option there is, even though none are really used. Nowadays you can quite rapidly re-create a database by using transportable tablespace export / import.

Have fun :)

Stefan

Stefan P Knecht
CEO & Founder