RE: query performance - getting started

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:35:26 -0400

No extra cost options installed. Will look into results cache.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Timo Raitalaakso Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 3:14 PM
To: Patterson, Joel
Cc: Patterson, Joel; <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>; <kylelf_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: query performance - getting started

Do you have partitioning available? Take a look on partition change tracking and PCT refresh.

Timo Raitalaakso
http://rafudb.blogspot.com

<Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com<mailto:Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>> kirjoitti 7.4.2011 kello 15.50:

Query performance continued.

We have a very complicated Materialized view, and a view that utilizes the MV. We cannot use Fast refresh - a complete refresh is necessary. The app can decide when the view is refreshed, and can execute dbms_refresh when necessary.

Essentially all records are truncated, and the view is rebuilt as part of the complete refresh. So, is this just as easy, efficient as any other method such as Temp tables, Truncating a permanent table and re-inserting, or other?

Moving forward,

JP