Tablespace shrink, HWM, interval partitionig

From: Stefano Cislaghi <s.cislaghi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:34:08 +0200

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem with a tablespace. In this tablespace there's only a table with 30 partitions with a total size of about 5gb.
The table uses interval partitiong to create a new partition for each day. Old partitions are removed with ALTER TABLE ... DROP PARTITION ...

My tablespace is about 30gb. As HWM is at the end of tablespace I've tried with ALTER TABLE ... MOVE PARTITION ... without success. Ok I know I can export, recreate tablespace and import. Also I can move the table to another tablespace and move back ... but I'm looking for a correct solution to be used ONLINE.

I'm running 11.2.0.1 on Linux. Tablespace is using LMT and ASSM.

Any hint?

Stefano

--

http://www.stefanocislaghi.eu