Re: Tablespace shrink, HWM, interval partitionig

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:47:02 +0200

Due to the small amount of data I think that allocating a new, smaller, tablespace and finding a window to move the partitions to a new tablespace is an option, but you live there, I do not. I think it depends about the total number of partitions, but in your case I would try to allocate a new, smaller, tablespace and change the table definition to allocate the new partitions in the new tablespace. Over time this will empty out the old tablespace.

Yechiel Adar
Israel