Bad block

From: Steve Baldwin <stbaldwin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 07:01:27 -0600

Hi list,

I have a situation where I'm seeing regular reports of a bad block in the alert log. For example :

Tue Mar 08 06:49:39 2011
Corrupt Block Found

         TSN = 24, TSNAME = XXX
         RFN = 28, BLK = 1827380, RDBA = 119267892
         OBJN = 95530, OBJD = 95530, OBJECT = SYS_LOB0000095529C00003$$,
SUBOBJECT =
         SEGMENT OWNER = XXX, SEGMENT TYPE = Lob Segment

However when I run an rman scan (validate check logical database) it is reporting everything is fine (i.e. zero bad blocks). The view V$DATABASE_BLOCK_CORRUPTION
is empty. I have tried duplicating the table (CTAS), deleting all rows and re-populating from my copy. No errors but still seeing the alert log message. I then rebuilt the Lob Segment in question with ALTER TABLE MOVE ... Again no errors but still alert log message.

How do I fix the problem as far as whatever is reporting is concerned?

Thanks,

Steve

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.