Re: auditing table help

From: Alessandro Lia <a.lia_at_tct-it.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:24:24 +0100

my db is Release 9.2.0.8.0.
Unfortunately I already tried it but the system doesn't allow me to set DB_EXTENDED or DB, EXTENDED.

Thank you very much for your support.

Alessandro

  • Original Message ----- From: TJ Kiernan To: a.lia_at_tct-it.com ; Oracle-L_at_FreeLists.org Cc: TJ Kiernan Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:07 PM Subject: RE: auditing table help

  Your version would be useful here, but if you have enterprise edition you can enable fine grained auditing and capture this, or you'll need to alter your AUDIT_TRAIL parameter (and restart) to DB_EXTENDED.

  From http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14266/auditing.htm#i1008338

  SQLBIND and SQLTEXT are not populated unless you specify AUDIT_TRAIL=DB,EXTENDED in the database initialization file, init.ora. This is because CLOBs are comparatively expensive to populate.

  Thanks,

  T. J.

  From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Alessandro Lia   Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:12 AM
  To: Oracle-L_at_FreeLists.org
  Subject: auditing table help

  Dear list,

  I need to trace which statement run on one table. I just need to know i.e. "select etc...."

  My DB parameter are set for auditing.

  I run the following script :

  audit select on "user.table_name" by session;

  If I query the AUD$ table I get:

   SESSIONID    ENTRYID  STATEMENT  TIMESTAMP   USERID
        3355750                1                 24   01-MAR-11        XXXXX

  but I'm not able to find the statement executed.

  Is there any way to get it? Is there any V$table to join to retrieve such info?

  thank you for your collaboration

  Alessandro