Deleting from SYS tables

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 11:53:07 -0500

I had a user that deleted records from DBA_JOBS. Unfortunately, the application gives the user DBA rights so this is beyond my control. *I* know it is bad practice to directly mess with SYS tables, but is there any documentation from Oracle that spells this out? Or do they assume that most apps aren't crazy enough to handout DBA rights? In any case, I need to steer some users towards APIs (like DBMS_JOB) instead of using a sledge hammer. I'd like a little documentation to back me up.

Thank you,
Jay