Re: Deleting from SYS tables

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:38:27 +0100

On 25/02/2011 17:53, Jay Hostetter wrote:
> I had a user that deleted records from DBA_JOBS. Unfortunately, the
> application gives the user DBA rights so this is beyond my control.
> *I* know it is bad practice to directly mess with SYS tables, but is
> there any documentation from Oracle that spells this out?

11.2 Concepts, p 6-4:

How Oracle Database Uses the Data Dictionary The Oracle Database user SYS owns all base tables and user-accessible views of the
data dictionary. Data in the base tables of the data dictionary is necessary for Oracle
Database to function. Therefore, only Oracle Database should write or change data
dictionary information. No Oracle Database user should ever alter rows or schema
objects contained in the SYS schema because such activity can compromise data
integrity.

Regards
Dimitre