Re: change user password for huge amount of application server

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:18:14 -0300

Hmm... I think you can do something wonky with wallet and OID here... what app server are you using? I think OracleAS supports wallet (and you can federate the wallet using OAM/OIM and an OID backstage) I don't know about JBoss or Tomcat... and I wish I didn't know OracleAS ;-)

Oh, and no matter how secure a password is, if by some (un)happy chance someone gets a hold of the hash, it can be cracked... So I am all for periodically changing app passwords (though not automatically).

Now, more to your question, if the configuration file needs to be *exactly* the same in all servers, then it's fairly easy to set up a NFS and have a symbolic link to the file (if the path is very specific). Alternatively it's possible to set up either a push job using scp(requires authorized_keys) or ftp or a pull job using rsync or some similar tool. It's also possible to set up svn/cvs/perforce and push the config file from there...

oh, and how many is "a lot"?

hth

cheers
Alan.-