RE: Do I need tnsnames.ora to connect to the DB with dynamic listener registration

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 18:01:55 -0500

You keep tnsnames.ora and change the sid to service name or keep sid if you like.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of sundar mahadevan Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 4:42 PM To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: Do I need tnsnames.ora to connect to the DB with dynamic listener registration

Hi All,
Sorry about this basic question. I can understand how dynamic registration works but does dynamic listener service registration completely eliminate the use of tnsnames.ora or do i keep the tnsnames.ora and change the sid to service_name. Thanks in advance.