Re: awr history

From: Daniel W. Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:16:14 -0700

All AWR and ASH data is stored in the database (or memory in the case of recent ASH data), so you can query it just like an ordinary table/view (assuming proper licensing of course).

AWR views are named DBA_HIST*
ASH (in memory) is v$active_session_history

If you are not already acquainted with the analytical functions in sql, learn them. They are very handy for analyzing AWR/ASH (even statspack) data. You can trend, profile, forecast and check for variances.

In terms of graphing, SQLDeveloper has some limited graphing capabilities. I often take the output from SQLDeveloper, save it in xls format, then graph in Excel. I *think* Application Express can do some charting as well, but I've never worked with it.