Re: dataguard , and datapump

From: ed lewis <eglewis71_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 07:12:41 -0500

Yes, the primary db is running force logging. The logical is missing objects. I did not verify the physical standby.
  • Original Message ----- From: Harel Safra To: eglewis71_at_gmail.com Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 12:32 PM Subject: Re: dataguard , and datapump

  Is the primary database running in force logging?   Where have you witnessed the missing objects? In the physical standby? The logical one? Both?

  Harel Safra

  On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM, ed lewis <eglewis71_at_gmail.com> wrote:

    Hi,

        We currently are running dataguard with a physical ,     and logical standby database. When I try to import     a new schema into the primary database (using datapump),     it does not replicate properly to either standby database.     I don't get errors, but not all objects get copied over.     So, a complete refresh of the standbys is required to put     the environments in sync.

        Is this expected behavior ? I couldn't find anything on this issue.

        Switching gears, is there any way to disable archiving when doing
    datapump imports, outside of disabling it on the database level ?
        thanks
            ed

    solaris 10
    oracle 10.2.0.4