RAC database with 2 instances on a single server

From: Sandeep Kumar B <sandeep.b_at_four-soft.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 06:23:53 +0530

Hi,

I've a requirement for our internal testing. I need to create a RAC database with 2 instances in a single server without using VMWare or something else.
Its like, i'll install the clustureware in the server and instead of single instance per each node, i need to create 2 instances in the same server for the same database.
It might be possible, but i need some suggestion on how to proceed.

Thanks,
Sandeep

DISCLAIMER:“The information in this email (and any attachments) is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any copies or printouts thereof. Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Four Soft Limited or its subsidiaries or affiliates either jointly or severally for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use or incompleteness or any delay in its receipt".