Re: Design/Strategy question

From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 20:24:21 +0530

yes, if load and HA is not that much then RAC is not required do think of keeping database on one host and appliations on another host additioanlly implement parallel concurrent processing (PCP) then most of your reports problem will be solved.

How much concurrent users are connected..how many concurrent requests are processed usually in day and at peak load time. if non RAC is the solution then did you people thought of increaseing the capacity of existing hardware say from 2CPU to 4 CPU or say from 10GB ram to 20GB etc.
By the way there is note available on metalink which has some very good information on sizing for Ebiz.

If all of the above had been tried and then the solution from dba is to for RAC then it is defiantely not to have RAC in resume :) by having an RAC your dbas are trying to reduce the job of fulltime one dba job and that too this datatransfer, monitoring, archival gap rsolving etc is mudan and intericate..:)

thanks!
Subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY